This product is Amazing for both straight and curly hair. There are a lot of different reviews, but this occurs a lot of the time when a new product comes out. Being that there is a huge difference between curly and straight hair, this means that there is a different way of doing things. The following are essential when you are using any type of heat source in your hair. A lot of the following actions will help with the problems that most are having when it comes to curly hair and the Instyler.
* Always use a heat protectant
* Prepare your hair. This means if you have curly hair, use a product that aids in straightening hair. Use a product for volume
if you would like more volume.
* If you have straight hair and you would like volume, you are going to use the Instyler different than if you have curly hair.
* For curly hair, your sections are going to be a lot smaller than if you have straight hair.
* Normally I would recommend not using the Instyler until your hair is about 80% dry, however, with curly hair, you cannot
wait for the hair to dry too much because it will dry with the natural wave and it will be harder to style.
* For curly hair, spray heat protectant in sections throughout your hair and comb through to ensure even distribution. Then you
want to take a section, about 1/2 to 3/4 of an inch. Add in your straightening spray or serum or cream on this section. Start
with the Instyler, going through the section until it is straight. Once it is dry and straight, take another small section and start
over with the product etc. This will take a long time. Start in the front, this is usually where hair dries quicker.
* With straight hair, after your hair is towel dried (get rid of excess wetness), apply your heat protectant, comb through
for even distribution. Let your hair air dry, or use a blow dryer, till it's about 80% dry. Then you can apply a mousse, spray or
cream for volume. You can do this at once or in sections depending on your hair's thickness. Now take sections, 1 inch,
depending on your hair's thickness again, and use the Instyler.
This takes time to get it right but you can use this as another way to style your hair. I will be doing a video tutorial soon...